Register now to make 2021 your healthiest year yet!
This was a really special conversation for me. I have been a HUGE fan of Leo Laporte and Megan Morrone for many years. Leo has had a radio show called “The Tech Guy” (who is Leo) on KFI in Los Angeles on Saturdays for almost 20 years that I’ve listened to on and off since it’s inception. And I’ve known Megan as his counterpoint on TWiT TV (This Week in Tech). When I saw via Twitter that Megan was reviewing our WLC App on TWiT TV, I almost fell over! By the way – the review is as fantastic as it is hilarious – you can watch it here.
After watching the review, I started up a conversation with Megan on Twitter – when she asked me if she could come on the podcast to talk about tech, health, and fitness! Of course, I said yes… and the rest, as they say, is history.
More about Megan: Megan Morrone is a technology journalist hosting video shows covering tech news, longform interviews, and tips for normal people trying to make their way in a world where tech can be as confusing as it is ubiquitous. She is also a freelance writer, wife, and mom to three children and one dog (who reads and responds to her email for her and helps her attain inbox-zero!)
Since 2015 Megan has been hosting and producing shows on TWiT (This Week in Tech), Leo Laporte’s technology network. She currently hosts iOS Today (a show about how to use your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV) and Tech News Weekly (a show that keeps you up-to-date on all the tech news that matters.) She co-hosts Know How (a maker show), Triangulation (a longform interview show), and The New Screen Savers (a tech variety show). She also covers live tech events and product announcements.
FORWARD TO A FRIEND – If you enjoy the podcast, please help us spread the word by sharing it.
LEAVE A REVIEW – Your written reviews in iTunes go a long way in helping us get the word out. Here’s a link to make it easy – bit.ly/andypetranekpodcast. Thanks in advance for your help and support!
This episode is brought to you by The Good Kitchen.
One of the best things I’ve ever done is to get prepared, Whole Life Challenge-compliant meals delivered to me during the week. It makes my life so much simpler, eliminates any questions I might have about healthy food for those meals, and reduces the number of decisions I need to make each day.
I highly suggest trying it out. It was a game-changer for me. The Good Kitchen will deliver pre-made, chef prepared, WLC-compliant meals (breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner) right to your front door via FedEx.
A special offer for podcast listeners: get 15% off your first order. Just use this link: thegoodkitchen.com/wlc
Episode Notes – #143: Megan Morrone
- Andy has been a HUGE fan of Leo Laporte and Megan Morrone from Twit TV and The Tech Guy for years. Coincidental surprise that she discovered the Whole Life Challenge, played in the Spring Challenge and did a review of our app with Leo
- How Megan’s set up her life to be both a dominant force in the male-dominated tech world with her partner, Leo Laporte, and a full-time mom of 3 kids + husband.
- Parenting with technology – how to navigate those uncharted waters
- On starting the Whole Life Challenge with her best friend from college and how it served as a connection point for her relationship and connecting with her friend’s friends.
- The reason the WLC works for Megan – financial leverage and connection / accountability with the people on her team.
- Megan suggests creating a WLC Alexa skill – a WLC flash briefing. A health, fitness, well-being tip of the day or week.
- Megan’s useful gadgets for navigating the WLC
- Apps to help with mindfulness and meditation
- Thoughts about bringing your family and kids into the Whole Life Challenge with you.
- Figuring out what foods work for you and work against you through glucose testing.
- Different forms of fasting, and do they work?
- Brain training and apps
- Megan’s non-negotiables – Bullet Journaling, reading fiction before bed, reading the New Yorker
Links, People & Resources from the Episode
- Leo Laporte
- WLC App review on Twit.TV
- Oak – a meditation app from Kevin Rose
- Habitify App – a habit tracking app
- Hard Boiled Egg Maker
- Instant Pot
- Schlage Keyless Lock
- Apple Music and creating a WLC Playlist
- Andy’s AP Happy 911 Spotify Playlist
- LunchMoney Lewis
- Muse Meditation Headband – biofeedback device
- Lumos Bike Helmet
- Fasting app (Zero) from Kevin Rose
- BrainHQ, Lumosity, Elevate – brain training apps
- Words with Friends – word game
- Bonza Word & Bonza Jigsaw – puzzle apps
- Bullet Journaling
- Podcast with Boho Berry – bullet journaling artist and thought leader
- David Allen – GTD – getting things done
- The Graveyard Book, Rain Reign, Chronicles of Narnia, The Phantom Tollbooth
Connect with Megan
Have a question? Have feedback? Want to connect?
If you enjoyed this podcast, here are some others to check out: