Rules & Gameplay
How to Play
The Challenge is simple – you will spend 6 weeks improving your health, happiness, and overall connectedness.
Here’s how it works – Each day, players get points for completing each of the 7 Daily Habits:
- NUTRITION — Eat nutritious, healthy foods from your food list
- EXERCISE — Be active 10 minutes a day
- MOBILIZATION — Stretch for 10 minutes a day
- SLEEP — Sleep for a duration you select, one that leaves you feeling rested
- HYDRATION — Drink ounces of water equal to your bodyweight (in pounds) ÷ 3
- WELL-BEING — Learn weekly practices to help you feel happier & more connected
- REFLECTION — At the end of each day, write briefly about how the day went
Each habit is worth 5 points per day upon completion. Scores are recorded on the WLC website, keeping players on track and accountable for their results. All scores are yes/no, with 5 points being awarded for completion, 0 points for non-completion. Nutrition is the exception – You’ll start your day with 5 points and deduct 1 point for each serving of non-compliant foods you consume.
Playing alongside a team is an important part of the Whole Life Challenge experience, keeping you motivated, on-track, and accountable for your daily progress. Playing on a team is not required, but for those interested, it’s an easy way to help foster success. You may play alone, join an existing public team, or create your own team upon enrollment.
Progress & Results
Measuring results is a key part of the Challenge experience. Throughout the Challenge, you will track your daily score over time and complete a before and after Self-Assessment to track changes to your quality of life, physical health and workout goals.