Tofu is one of many alternative protein sources for non-meat-eaters, but not everyone is crazy about its relatively bland taste. If you’re someone who has been trying to love tofu but just can’t seem to make it happen, try these curry-flavored tofu strips and enjoy them with my creamy coconut-yogurt curry dip.
Note: These are perfect for someone playing the Whole Life Challenge on the Kickstart level, whether you’re a meat-eater or not! And if you’re on Lifestyle, you could still try the coconut yogurt dip on your compliant protein of choice.
Curried Tofu Strips
Tofu Strip Ingredients:
- 1 package of firm and well-drained tofu, cut into strips
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsps of arrowroot or similar compliant thickener
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/8 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup organic full-fat yogurt (gives it a slightly sweet taste that balances nicely with the curry and lime)
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (not the same as coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp dried dill
- Dash of salt
- Dash of garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking tray with tin foil.
- In a blender, pulse together the oats and pumpkin seeds until a flour-like consistency is achieved.
- Empty the oat/pumpkin flour into a shallow dish and season with the curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- In another shallow dish, pour the almond milk, and into a third shallow dish add the coconut flour and arrowroot and mix together well.
- Take the tofu strips one at a time, and cover first in the coconut flour mix. Next, soak in the almond milk, and finally, coat in the curry flour mixture.
- Place the strips on the baking tray and bake for 25 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking.
- While the tofu strips are in the oven, prepare your dip by simply whisking all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Enjoy eating right away, while they are still hot and slightly crispy.
If you prefer a crunchier texture, you can par-bake the strips and finish up in a frying pan with a little coconut oil.
The curried tofu strips are compliant on the Kickstart level. The dip is compliant on both Kickstart and Lifestyle.
Want to learn more about healthy eating? Join us for the next Whole Life Challenge. Participating in the Challenge will improve your mind, your body, and your daily habits, leaving you happier, healthier, and in control of your lifestyle. If you’re ready for a change, this is your opportunity. Click below to learn more: