This crisp, colorful apple and carrot slaw is a cinch to make and accompanies any dish beautifully. Preparing this dish takes less than ten minutes from start to finish, and it can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat.
Using freshly picked green apples combined with crisp carrots gives this slaw a sweet tart flavor that even your kids will eat up, too.
This recipe makes plenty of leftovers that can be added to green salads or used as tasty toppings on tacos (my personal favorite). To cut down on time, you can pick up a bag of organic shredded carrots and sliced apples at the grocery store. Combine and toss with the vinaigrette and you’re done.
Apple and Carrot Slaw
Time: 10 minutes
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and julienned
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp organic honey or equivalent of other sweetener (optional)
- Clove of crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey/sweetener (optional), crushed garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl and whisk. This makes extra so save it in a jar and store in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, combine the julienned carrots and apples.
- Toss the vegetables together with the vinaigrette and sprinkle with slivered almonds.
Once made, this slaw can be stored in the refrigerator up to a week.
This recipe is compliant on Kickstart if you include the honey or agave. If you leave the sweetener out of your vinaigrette, this recipe is compliant on all levels.
Want to learn more about healthy eating? Join us for the next Whole Life Challenge. Participating in the Challenge will improve your mind, your body, and your daily habits, leaving you happier, healthier, and in control of your lifestyle. If you’re ready for a change, this is your opportunity. Click below to learn more: