NOTE: The practices we share we with you are simply an example of the many ways that WLC game players can accomplish their daily mobility. These are intended to help you explore both your body’s potential and the vast world of movement.
In this series of six free HERO Movement videos, you’ll be focusing on “mindful mobility.” The structure of each session looks something like this:
- Attention: Checking in and bringing attention to the area you’re going to be working with to see how it feels right now.
- Mobilize: Creating space, taking that area through existing movement patterns, and introducing new ones to shake things up and add to your movement vocabulary.
- Strengthen: Using simple strengthening exercises to switch on key movers and encourage a healthy, stable resting position.
- Habits: Looking at one or two simple habits you can carry into your everyday life to solidify new patterns and positions.
You’ll be able to do all this at home with little to no equipment required. And, as you’ll see, a living room or office will provide plenty of space.
Luke Jones will be your guide through these free HERO Movement videos — he is, afterall, the founder. His goal is to help people discover freedom of movement and create lives filled with well-being and adventure. As a long-time martial arts practitioner, qualified nutritionist, and personal trainer, Luke shares a unique blend of functional mobility, mindfulness, breathwork, and healthy habit forming.
Even though these videos are labeled by “week,” you can do these in any order or fashion you like. Try a different one each day or do the same one for a number of days. Experiment until you find what makes your body feel good and move well.
6 Free HERO Movement Videos (Follow Along!)
Click through to try each of these free HERO Movement videos:
- HERO Movement Mindful Mobility Follow Along: Week 1
- HERO Movement Mindful Mobility Follow Along: Week 2
- HERO Movement Mindful Mobility Follow Along: Week 3
- HERO Movement Mindful Mobility Follow Along: Week 4
- HERO Movement Mindful Mobility Follow Along: Week 5
- HERO Movement Mindful Mobility Follow Along: Week 6
Note: The techniques in these videos can be adjusted to all fitness levels and body types, but remember to listen to your own body and back off if something doesn’t feel right.