Winter means turning on the oven and relaxing while dinner cooks. Roasted vegetables are the best once you’re in the cooler months.
That said, I am not going to lie — for years, I was exclusively a steamed-vegetable kind of cook. Every time I made cauliflower or broccoli, I chopped up the flower and placed the pieces in the steamer, cooking them until al dente. Boring is all I can say.
Not to mention, there is a lot of work cutting those vegetables, which are often hard to handle and can also get messy. In our busy lives, saving even a few minutes can make a big difference in our stress and enjoyment levels.
This recipe is the answer to my prayer — offering excellent flavor (and more exciting flavor and texture than steamed veggies) while saving your hands from cutting hard vegetables and saving your schedule from all that veggie-cutting time.
The World’s Easiest Roasted Whole Cauliflower or Broccoli
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower or broccoli
- ~2 tbsp ghee (use butter or other fat of choice if you don’t have ghee)
- Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place whole flower on cookie sheet or pie plate.
- Cover top of vegetable in 1 tablespoon of ghee either using a knife or melting for a nice drizzle.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and recover top of vegetable with remaining ghee (or butter).
- Continue to cook for another 15 minutes until slightly brown and tender using a fork to pierce.
- Slice easily and serve.
This recipe is compliant on all nutrition levels — Kickstart, Lifestyle, and Performance.
Want to learn more about healthy eating? Join us for the next Whole Life Challenge. This eight-week challenge will improve your mind, your body, and your daily habits, leaving you happier, healthier, and in control of your lifestyle. If you’re ready for a change, this is your opportunity. Click below to learn more: