Winter means turning on the oven and relaxing while dinner cooks. Roasted vegetables are the best once you’re in the cooler months.
That said, I am not going to lie — for years, I was exclusively a steamed-vegetable kind of cook. Every time I made cauliflower or broccoli, I chopped up the flower and placed the pieces in the steamer, cooking them until al dente. Boring is all I can say.
Not to mention, there is a lot of work cutting those vegetables, which are often hard to handle and can also get messy. In our busy lives, saving even a few minutes can make a big difference in our stress and enjoyment levels.
This recipe is the answer to my prayer — offering excellent flavor (and more exciting flavor and texture than steamed veggies) while saving your hands from cutting hard vegetables and saving your schedule from all that veggie-cutting time.
The World’s Easiest Roasted Whole Cauliflower or Broccoli
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower or broccoli
- ~2 tbsp ghee (use butter or other fat of choice if you don’t have ghee)
- Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place whole flower on cookie sheet or pie plate.
- Cover top of vegetable in 1 tablespoon of ghee either using a knife or melting for a nice drizzle.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and recover top of vegetable with remaining ghee (or butter).
- Continue to cook for another 15 minutes until slightly brown and tender using a fork to pierce.
- Slice easily and serve.
This recipe is compliant on all nutrition levels — Kickstart, Lifestyle, and Performance.
Want to learn more about healthy eating? Join us for the next Whole Life Challenge. Participating in the Challenge will improve your mind, your body, and your daily habits, leaving you happier, healthier, and in control of your lifestyle. If you’re ready for a change, this is your opportunity. Click below to learn more: