Short on time, but still committed to getting in your daily stretching? This is the single best stretch you can do to target your full body in one quick session. It’s a little complicated to get into, so you’re going to want to follow along with the ninety-second video until you’re comfortable with the sequence:
- Starting by lying down on your back.
- Pull your right knee into your chest.
- Pull your right knee across your body so you’re in a twist.
- Your right hand should be free.
- Bend your left knee and grab your left foot with your right hand.
- Pull your left knee back as far as you can, hold your right knee down, and look back over your shoulder.
Note: If getting into the whole position just isn’t working for your body or your present level of mobility, I also show a simpler variation at the end of the video.
Getting into the stretch is the hardest part. Once you’re in it, it feels really good. Spending five minutes per side in this stretch will help unwind your spine and neck, as well as increase mobility in your knees, hips, and shoulders. You’ll also feel relief in your quads, hip flexors, abs, back, shoulders, pecs, and neck. That’s a lot of bang for your mobility buck!