I had such a great conversation with Michael in the last Adventure-cast, I decided to invite him back for another. Who knows, this may turn into something we do regularly. Let us know in comments if you like it!
Andy and Michael: The Experiment Continues
I started off with a rant about Frontier Communications – and their inept handling of the transition from Verizon to their company. We used to get all of our services from Verizon Fios: TV, internet, phones. Now it’s all Frontier, and the transition has been a disaster!
Next, we get into a conversation about the human microbiome and the company Mother Dirt. Interestingly enough, their founder and chief scientist hasn’t taken a shower (or bath) in fourteen years! Yikes!
The rest of the podcast we talked about things like:
- Dog training
- Acceptance of what is
- The history of cancer — Michael is reading about the history of cancer in The Emperor of All Maladies
- Products developed because of war
- Game of Thrones — Michael is quite the expert, and takes pride in that fact!
- Andy’s update on his 4:30am Wake-Up Experiment
- Andy started a public blog for his personal journaling
- Listening to long-form podcasts and the incredible depth of sharing that happens through conversation
- The incredible underdog story of Leicester City winning the English Premier League (soccer)
- Andy’s update from the Paleo f(x) convention, and hanging out with paleo-celebrities like Mark Sisson, Robb Wolf, Sarah Ballantyne, Abel James, Melissa Hartwig, John Durant, and Craig Ballantyne
- Hunter-gatherers — what it was like and how it relates to Paleo