What is the one piece of exercise equipment everybody should own?
It’s lightweight, inexpensive, easy to store, and you can take it along when traveling to get a killer workout.
What is it? A jump rope!
That said, sometimes it’s not as easy to pick up the jump rope as it was when you were a kid. But don’t worry, it’s like riding a bike — it will come back to you. To help you get going, here are some tips and tricks.
How to Jump Rope
- Keep your hands loose.
- Keep a slight bend in your knees.
- Pinch your shoulder blades together.
- Try to eliminate the little hop or bounce in between jumps (do single consecutive jumps).
- Don’t give up. Be patient and do what you can. Find the number of reps you can do consecutively and practice increasing reps gradually until you can do 100 in a row.
- When you have worked up to 100 reps, build to doing 5 rounds of 100 with a rest in-between each round.
When to do this:
- As a stand-alone exercise in your living room before work.
- On your lunch break
- In your hotel room when traveling.
- While your child is napping.
Now get jumping!
Looking to get a practical education on health, fitness, and exercise? The Whole Life Challenge can help you with that. This eight-week challenge will improve your mind, your body, and your daily habits, leaving you happier, healthier, and in control of your lifestyle. If you’re ready for a change, this is your opportunity. Click below to learn more: