What is the one piece of exercise equipment everybody should own?
It’s lightweight, inexpensive, easy to store, and you can take it along when traveling to get a killer workout.
What is it? A jump rope!
That said, sometimes it’s not as easy to pick up the jump rope as it was when you were a kid. But don’t worry, it’s like riding a bike — it will come back to you. To help you get going, here are some tips and tricks.
How to Jump Rope
- Keep your hands loose.
- Keep a slight bend in your knees.
- Pinch your shoulder blades together.
- Try to eliminate the little hop or bounce in between jumps (do single consecutive jumps).
- Don’t give up. Be patient and do what you can. Find the number of reps you can do consecutively and practice increasing reps gradually until you can do 100 in a row.
- When you have worked up to 100 reps, build to doing 5 rounds of 100 with a rest in-between each round.
When to do this:
- As a stand-alone exercise in your living room before work.
- On your lunch break
- In your hotel room when traveling.
- While your child is napping.
Now get jumping!
Looking to get a practical education on health, fitness, and exercise? The Whole Life Challenge can help you with that. Participating in the Challenge will improve your mind, your body, and your daily habits, leaving you happier, healthier, and in control of your lifestyle. If you’re ready for a change, this is your opportunity. Click below to learn more: