Nothing says “winter” better than pumpkin. It is delicious and nutritious, and can be blended with other ingredients to make a sumptuous meal — without all the processed carbs.
Pumpkin packs a punch when it comes to vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, and plenty more. That means it could be good for everything from preventing cancer to preventing heart disease to keeping your skin free of wrinkles. It’s also high in fiber, which is great for your digestive system and helps you feel full.
I’m willing to bet you’ve never tried it in the combination called for in this recipe. Give it a try and see what you think — this dinner is quick and easy to throw together, and will warm you (and your taste buds) on a winter night.
Pumpkin Apple Curry with Shrimp
- 3-4 cups fresh, roasted pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp green curry paste (I like the Thai Kitchen brand)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 tbsp dates (for Performance level) or coconut nectar (for Kickstart and Lifestyle)
- 1 cup shredded bamboo shoots
- 2 cups frozen or fresh shrimp
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- In a large pot over low to medium heat, heat up the curry paste and stir for one minute.
- Add in the coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice, and dates/nectar. Stir until combined and simmering.
- Add in the pumpkin chunks, bamboo shoots, frozen or fresh shrimp, and diced apple.
- Simmer until the shrimp is pink and opaque and serve hot over rice, quinoa, or vegetables.
This recipe is compliant on all nutrition levels depending on which sweetener you choose.
Want to learn more about healthy eating? Join us for the next Whole Life Challenge. This eight-week challenge will improve your mind, your body, and your daily habits, leaving you happier, healthier, and in control of your lifestyle. If you’re ready for a change, this is your opportunity. Click below to learn more: