Welcome to this eight-week video series brought to you exclusively by Whole Life Challenge in partnership with MovNat. Each week, coach Danny Clark will teach you new movements designed to increase your mobility. These practices are optional and are simply one of the many ways you can accomplish your ten daily minutes of mobility.
MovNat stands for “moving naturally.” Therefore, what we’ll be doing over the coming weeks is developing our mobility through a variety of movements the human body was designed to perform.
Some of these movements may be challenging to you, but through practice you will not only increase your mobility, but also build coordination, stability, and strength. Not to mention, natural movement feels good to your body — and is generally more fun.
Note: The movements in these videos can be adjusted to all fitness levels and body types, and I’ll demonstrate how. But remember to listen to your body and back off if something doesn’t feel right.
MovNat Follow Along Mobility Practice: Week 3
- Rocking — 5
- Bent Sit to Forward Reach — 1 breath
- Directional Rocking to Foot Touches — 5/side
- Side Rolling — 2/side
- Rocking to Side Bent Sit — 1/side
- Loaded Side Bent Sit to Forward Fold — 2 breaths/side
- Loaded Cross Sit to Loaded Forward Fold — 2 breaths
- Inverted Crawl (Posted Bent Sit) Hip Lifts — 3
- Tripod Transition to Deep Kneeling
- Deep Kneeling Hip Hinge with Backward Reach to Deep Kneeling Backward Lean with Forward Reach — 2
- Flexed Foot Kneeling Hold — 5 breaths
- Flexed Foot Kneeling Horizon Scan — 2/side
- Flexed Foot Kneeling to Deep Knee Bend
- Deep Knee Bend to Deep Squat
- Deep Squat to Bent Sit
- Rocking to Tripod Get Up — 2/side
- Dead Hang — 3 breaths
- Side Swinging Dead Hang — 5/side
- Bar Stretch Movement — 5
- Deep Knee Bend to Deep Kneeling
- Breathing in Deep Kneeling — 3