Welcome to this eight-week video series brought to you exclusively by Whole Life Challenge in partnership with MovNat. Each week, coach Danny Clark will teach you new movements designed to increase your mobility. These practices are optional and are simply one of the many ways you can accomplish your ten daily minutes of mobility.
MovNat stands for “moving naturally.” Therefore, what we’ll be doing over the coming weeks is developing our mobility through a variety of movements the human body was designed to perform.
Some of these movements may be challenging to you, but through practice you will not only increase your mobility, but also build coordination, stability, and strength. Not to mention, natural movement feels good to your body — and is generally more fun.
Note: The movements in these videos can be adjusted to all fitness levels and body types, and I’ll demonstrate how. But remember to listen to your body and back off if something doesn’t feel right.
MovNat Follow Along Mobility Practice: Week 1
- Bent Sit with Horizon Scan — 5/side
- Rocking — 5
- Cross Sit with Horizon Scan — 5/side
- Cross Sit with Reaching — 5/side
- Side Bent Sit Reverse — 5/side
- Side Ben Sit Reverse with Reaching — 3/side
- Tripod Transition — 3/side
- Flexed Foot Knee Hand Rocking — 5
- Pointed Toes Knee Hand Rocking — 5
- Deep Kneeling — 5 breaths
- Deep Kneeling to Hip Hinge — 5
- Bent Sit to Deep Squat or Stand Up to Assisted Deep Squat
- Deep Squat Hold — 5 breaths
- Deep Squat — 6
- Dead Hang or Assisted Dead Hang — 5 breaths
- Breathing in Cross Sit — 5 breaths
If you like our mobility and fitness tips, join us in our next Challenge. Our goal is to improve your mind, your body, and your daily habits, leaving you happier, healthier, and in control of your lifestyle. Click below to learn more and to register: