Register now to make 2021 your healthiest year yet!
Are you sick of the same old thing in the morning?
Consistency is what will help you shed those pounds, energize your days, sleep better at night, and feel better in your own skin. It will rebuild a body and mind that delights in engaging with the world.
A consistent breakfast acts as the cornerstone to that process. I taught you my one trick to scramble eggs in five minutes flat. I make that recipe almost every morning.
But over time consistency can become drudgery. Have you ever looked at your plate and thought: “Oh no, not again. I’ve been eating the same thing ever since I committed to eating healthy. I’m just so sick of this.”
What’s the answer? Variation. Use these 41 distinctive recipes to keep you looking forward to the most important meal of the day.
Transcend Basic Scrambled Eggs
Here’s where things get interesting. Now you get to take a basic recipe and spice it up.
All of these recipes should be seasoned with salt and pepper. This is your base seasoning. The remaining seasonings and ingredients build off of this base. Watch the video below for a short recap on how to make and build on the base recipe.
Then, create your endless variations using the three sections below:
- We’ll start out with fourteen variations from Tim Ferriss’ excellent book The 4-Hour Chef.
- Then we’ll move to seventeen different sauces you can add to your eggs.
- We’ll finish with nine scrambles that boost your eggs from a breakfast side to the whole enchilada.
Tour the World with Your Eggs
Did you know scrambled eggs can be your passport to international cuisine? It’s true.
Add a quarter teaspoon of each of these ingredients to your eggs after you add the salt and pepper. For juice ingredients, wait until the very end when you serve the eggs and squeeze on top.
- Italy: oregano, basil, olive oil
- Southern Italy: olive oil, garlic, parsley, anchovy
- Northeast Africa: powdered garlic, ground cumin, mint
- Middle East: dried parsley, lemon juice
- Mexico: lime juice, chili
- India: curry
- Northern India: cumin, garlic, ginger
- Greece: olive oil, lemon juice, oregano
- Hungary: onion, lard, paprika
- Nepal: ginger, chili, lime juice
- Thailand: fish sauce, curry, chili
- Vietnam: fish sauce, lemon
- Laos: fish sauce, coconut oil
- China: tamari, scallions, ginger
It might seem like cheating, but topping with your favorite WLC compliant sauce is an easy way to spice things up. (Just be sure to read the labels for sneaky ingredients…or make your own!) Here are some suggestions:
- Steak Sauce
- Hot sauce
- Sri Racha
- Fish Sauce
- Peanut Sauce
- Green Salsa
- Red Salsa
- Pico de Gallo
- White Gravy
- Sausage Gravy
- Insert your favorite sauce here – I don’t judge.
Fetch a Bigger Plate
Transform your eggs from a side to the main course. Try out these nine scrambles.
- Akoori: 4 large eggs / 2 medium onions / 2 Tablespoons chopped green coriander / 2 chopped green chilies / 1 tomato – chopped / 1.5 teaspoons salt / 3 Tablespoons butter
- American Scramble: 2 large eggs / 1 Tablespoon chopped tomato / 1 Tablespoon chopped onion / 1 Tablespoon chopped bell pepper
- Burger Scramble: 3 large eggs / quarter pound ground beef / 2 Tablespoons cooked onion – minced fine
- Lox Scramble: 3 eggs / smoked salmon slices cut into ½ in pieces / 1tsp fresh chives
- BLT Scramble: 3 eggs / 2 slices cooked bacon / ¼ cup cubed tomato / 1 Tbsp sliced green onion
- BLT Deluxe Scramble: same as above + ½ avocado cubed
- Italian Scramble: 3 eggs / quarter pound Italian sausage / ¼ cup cooked onion chopped / ¼ cup cooked green pepper chopped / ¼ teaspoon oregano / ¼ cup diced tomato
- Hearty Scramble: 3 eggs / ¼ cup diced ham / ¼ cup cooked onion chopped / ¼ cup cooked green pepper chopped
- Mexican Scramble: 3 eggs / ¼ cup cooked onion chopped / ¼ cup cooked green pepper chopped / ¼ cup cooked onion chopped / 1 Tbsp cilantro to garnish
Choose Your Own Adventure
Be bold. Try a new recipe every day. There are enough here to keep you busy through the rest of the Challenge. I bet you’ll find some new favorites, and never be bored with your breakfast again.