Walkouts are a quick and simple way to improve flexibility, strength, and cardio at the same time. The best part is this exercise requires no equipment and very little space.
Try walkouts as a way to break up your work day with movement or do these at home in the evening in front of the TV during the commercials.
2-Minute Workout Instructions
- Stand with your feet pointing straight and hip width apart.
- Bend forward from your hips and reach to the floor with your hands. You can bend at the knee to start if needed, and work up to being able to do this movement keeping your knees straight the entire time.
- Once you are able to straighten your knees, tighten your thighs.
- Walk your hands straight out until you are in a push-up position with your wrists beneath your shoulders.
- Pull your shoulder blades together while keeping your thighs tight.
- Do not let your hips dip down.
- Walk your hands back to the start position. Strive toward keeping your knees straight and off the ground as you walk your hands back toward your feet.
- At the beginning, bend at the knee as much as needed to accomplish the full range of motion.
- Repeat for 10 reps.