Nothing beats hamburger for a quick meat entree. Taking a bit of time to add some spices brings a whole new level of enjoyment and health benefits to having hamburger for dinner. (And who doesn’t love the fun of beef sliders?)
Many spices have high concentrations of antioxidents. A study in the The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported that adding antioxidant-rich spices like fennel and cayenne to hamburger meat makes it more healthful by drastically decreasing the amount of some harmful compounds that may form during the cooking of meat.
We always spice our meat these days, not just because it is more healthful, but because it tastes so delicious. We like to serve these beef sliders with pan-roasted vegetables for a delicious and all-around satisfying dinner.
So Worth It! Beef Sliders
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped (about 1/2 of a medium onion)
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel ground
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika ground
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne ground (1/4 teaspoon if you like it more picante!)
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the meat, chopped onion, and chopped garlic.
In a small bowl, mix together the spices.
Add the spice mixture to the hamburger meat and mix together well.
Form into 8 small patties and place in skillet.
Fry the patties gently, about 3 minutes on a side.
Serve with a side of vegetables, wrapped in lettuce, or on a mushroom or sweet potato faux "bun."