Welcome to this eight-week video series brought to you exclusively by Whole Life Challenge in partnership with MovNat. Each week, coach Danny Clark will teach you new movements designed to increase your mobility. These practices are optional and are simply one of the many ways you can accomplish your ten daily minutes of mobility.
MovNat stands for “moving naturally.” Therefore, what we’ll be doing over the coming weeks is developing our mobility through a variety of movements the human body was designed to perform.
Some of these movements may be challenging to you, but through practice you will not only increase your mobility, but also build coordination, stability, and strength. Not to mention, natural movement feels good to your body — and is generally more fun.
Note: The movements in these videos can be adjusted to all fitness levels and body types, and I’ll demonstrate how. But remember to listen to your body and back off if something doesn’t feel right.
MovNat Follow Along Mobility Practice: Week 8
- Deep Kneeling — 3 breaths
- Deep Kneeling Left/Right Looking — 2/side
- Deep Kneeling Reaching — 3/side
- Deep Kneeling Hip Hinge to Reaching — 1/forward, left, right
- Deep Kneeling Hip Shift to Side Reaching — 1 breath/side
- Deep Kneeling Cross-body Reaching — 1 breath/side
- Deep Kneeling Backward Fold — 5 breaths
- Deep Kneeling Backward Fold Reaching — 1 breath/side
- Flexed Foot Kneeling to Deep Hip Hinge — 1 up and back down
- Knee Hand Scapular Push-up — 2
- Knee Hand Looking — 2/direction
- Flexed Foot Kneeling to Deep Knee Bend to Stand — 1 up and back down
- Deep Kneeling Hip Hinge Backward Reach — 1 breath/side
- Side Bent Sit Horizon Scan — 1/direction
- Side Bent Sit Forward Fold — 3 breaths/side
- Side Bent Sit Backward Reach — 1 breath/side
- Open Sit — 3 breaths
- Inverted Crawl Elevation — 1 breath
- Inverted Crawl Elevation to Overhead Reach — 2 breaths/side
- Cross Sit — 2 breaths
- Side Stepping Over to Side Stepping Under — 1 of each/side
- Forward Stepping Over — 2 (alternate lead leg)
- Side Swinging Dead Hang — 5/side
- Front Hang Scapular Pull — 5/side