Welcome to this eight-week video series brought to you exclusively by Whole Life Challenge in partnership with MovNat. Each week, coach Danny Clark will teach you new movements designed to increase your mobility. These practices are optional and are simply one of the many ways you can accomplish your ten daily minutes of mobility.
MovNat stands for “moving naturally.” Therefore, what we’ll be doing over the coming weeks is developing our mobility through a variety of movements the human body was designed to perform.
Some of these movements may be challenging to you, but through practice you will not only increase your mobility, but also build coordination, stability, and strength. Not to mention, natural movement feels good to your body — and is generally more fun.
Note: The movements in these videos can be adjusted to all fitness levels and body types, and I’ll demonstrate how. But remember to listen to your body and back off if something doesn’t feel right.
MovNat Follow Along Mobility Practice: Week 6
- Breathing in Cross Sit — 5 breaths
- Resisted Breathing — 5 breaths
- Side Bent Sit Reverses — 5/side
- Side Bent Sit to Low Rotational Reach (hold) — 5 breaths/side
- Cross Sit to Side Bent Sit to Tall Split Kneeling to Figure Four Kneeling — 1/side
- Tripod Transition to Flexed Foot Kneel
- Flexed Foot Kneeling to Horizon Scan — 3/side
- Flexed Foot Kneeling to Deep Knee Bend — 5
- Side Swinging Dead Hang — 5/side
- Bar Stretch with Movement — 5 breaths
- Scapular Pulling with Knee Tuck — 2
- Front Hang — 2 breaths/side
- Breathing in Deep Squat — 1 minute