Welcome to this eight-week video series brought to you exclusively by Whole Life Challenge in partnership with MovNat. Each week, coach Danny Clark will teach you new movements designed to increase your mobility. These practices are optional and are simply one of the many ways you can accomplish your ten daily minutes of mobility.
MovNat stands for “moving naturally.” Therefore, what we’ll be doing over the coming weeks is developing our mobility through a variety of movements the human body was designed to perform.
Some of these movements may be challenging to you, but through practice you will not only increase your mobility, but also build coordination, stability, and strength. Not to mention, natural movement feels good to your body — and is generally more fun.
Note: The movements in these videos can be adjusted to all fitness levels and body types, and I’ll demonstrate how. But remember to listen to your body and back off if something doesn’t feel right.
MovNat Follow Along Mobility Practice: Week 5
- Side Bent Sit — 3 breaths/side
- Cross Sit with Forward Reaching — 3 breaths
- Posted Bent Sit with Hip Lift — 1
- Rocking — 5
- Cross Sit with Cross Body Side Reaching — 2 breaths/side
- Cross Sit with Side Reaching — 2 breaths/side
- Cross Sit with Rotational Reaching — 2/side
- Long Sit with Forward/Backward Locomotion — 1m forward/back
- Open Sit with Forward/Backward Locomotion — 2x1m forward/back
- Bent Sit to Figure Four Kneeling — 2/side
- Side Bent Sit to Hip Hinge to Tall Split Kneeling — 2/side
- Side Bent Sit to Long Forward Reach — 2 breaths/side
- Side Rolling (slow) — 1/side
- Rocking to Tripod Get Up — 1
- Loaded Deep Squat (optional rotations) — 3
- Rocking to Side Bent Sit Get Up — 2/side
- Tripod Get Up — 1
- Forward Fold to Hands to Ground — 5
- Dead Hang — 5 breaths
- Side Swinging Dead Hang — 5/side
- Scapular Pulling — 3
- Wall Standing Position — 3 breaths
- Wall Reaching — 5 breaths
- Bar Stretch with Movement — 3 breaths
- Rocking (or Directional Rocking) — 4
- Breathing in Cross Sit — 5 breaths