Register now to make 2021 your healthiest year yet!
Labor Day is coming up!
It’s a day for BBQ and other delicious roasted treats, so here’s a simple recipe for traditional buttery red-hot chicken wings you can whip out at your celebration. (I mean, if tonight isn’t celebration enough.)
All you need is just some wings, salt, butter, hot sauce and a little time, and you’ll be chowing down on wings like it’s Super Bowl Sunday.
And don’t forget to pair them with our delicious homemade and FULLY COMPLIANT Ranch dressing for the full 3D, technicolor, IMAX experience.
The full recipe is listed below, and you can also check out the quick video above for some additional guidance.
- 4 lbs. chicken wings
- Kosher salt
- 2 oz. unsalted butter, melted
- ½ c Frank’s RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
Stage 1: Preparation and First Bake
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place a wire rack on the baking sheet.
- Spread your chicken wings on the wire rack in a single layer.
- Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes on the center oven rack.
Stage 2: Second Bake
- Remove wings from the oven, flip, and sprinkle liberally with kosher salt.
- Bake for an additional 25 minutes on the center oven rack.
Stage 3: Broil, Sauce, and Serve
- Turn your broiler on high.
- Broil wings for 1-3 minutes on the middle oven rack.
- Remove wings from the oven and flip.
- Broil an additional 1-3 minutes.
- While wings are broiling the second time, create the sauce by whisking melted butter and RedHot together in a bowl that will hold all of your wings.
- Add about half the wings to the sauce bowl and coat, plate them, and then coat the rest.
- Serve a la carte or with your favorite WLC-compliant dip, carrots, and celery sticks.