Now that it’s summer, it is definitely salad season. This fresh tasting fattoush salad recipe was given to me by an Iraqi friend who says this is the staple salad in her country.
Fattoush salad is a great accompaniment to any meal, but can also be made into a meal itself by adding grilled chicken, shrimp, or any other protein you like. It is compliant for any nutrition level of the Whole Life Challenge and I hope you like it!
This fresh tasting fattoush salad recipe was given to me by an Iraqi friend who says this is the staple salad in her country.
- 1 head of lettuce chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 of a small carrot cut into thin rounds
- 1/2 large green pepper chopped
- 2 small radishes chopped
- 2 cups of cilantro only the leaves, chopped finely
- 2 chopped scallions white and green parts, chopped finely
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice more to taste
- 1 tsp salt more to taste
- 2 teaspoons of sumac spice
Set out a large bowl and add in all the ingredients.
Pour on the lemon juice, add the salt and sumac, and toss the salad until all the ingredients combined and the dressing has coated all the vegetables.
If you plan to add protein to this salad, calculate the amount based on 4oz per person.