If you’re like me, you need to do a lot of snacking to stave off hunger. And it’s easy to enjoy your snacking habit and still stick to a sensible nutrition plan if you have healthy, flavorful, and accessible options to keep you going.
So many dips start with beans or cheese, but this hearty nut- and seed-based dip will keep you full and satisfied through to your next meal. The citrus and the chipotle give it a special and unexpected pop.
If you have parties planned, make a bunch of this one and surprise your guests with something they’ve probably never tried before. Make some carrot, cucumber, and jicama sticks to pair with it and nobody will even miss the chips.
Chipotle Sunflower Seed Dip
- 1 cup salted, roasted sunflower seeds (without shells)
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 peeled clementine or 1/2 of a peeled, seedless orange
- 1/2 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a food processor, puree all the ingredients together until fully combined.
- Adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Dip your veggie of choice — carrots, cucumber, celery, bell pepper, and jicama all work well.
This recipe is compliant on Kickstart, Lifestyle, and Performance levels.
Want to learn more about healthy eating? Join us for the next Whole Life Challenge. This eight-week challenge will improve your mind, your body, and your daily habits, leaving you happier, healthier, and in control of your lifestyle. If you’re ready for a change, this is your opportunity. Click below to learn more: